Clipboard Format Spy
|Date:||21 March 2014|
|O/S:||Windows 2000 and later|
Release v4.1.1 of 21 March 2014
- Changed main UI font.
- Fixed bugs:
- Required help topics were not being displayed from the view dialogue box.
- Form scaling problems.
- Incorrect memory allocation bug in forms.
- Updated documentation and license.
Release v4.1.0 of 04 January 2011
- Implemented full Unicode support:
- Recompiled with Delphi 2010.
- Changed several clipboard viewers to correctly handle Unicode and non-Unicode clipboard formats.
- Fixed code that was not fully Unicode compatible.
- Removed some Delphi 7 specific fixes:
- Code that fixed problems with task-bar and flip-UI etc on Vista and later was stripped out: Delphi 2010's native handling of task bar used instead.
- Removed code that fixed "Alt key bug": bug not present when compiled with Delphi 2010.
- Potential sizing problems with Vista windows fixed by setting viewer frame's client height and width instead of overall height and width.
- Changed some internal clipboard format names to comply with Windows standards.
- Removed support for some clipboard formats:
- "text/richtext": had been assumed to be same as "Rich Text Format", but it is not.
- "text/plain": can't determine whether this format is for Unicode or ANSI text.
- Fixed bug in code that processes PIDLs.
- Amended code to remove all Delphi 2010 warnings.
- Memory leaks now checked when running under debugger.
- Updated installer
- Installer now supports Unicode.
- Abandoned support for Windows 9x and NT: now require Windows 2000 or later.
- Updated documentation and license.
Release v4.0.2 of 19 June 2008
- Changed to make application minimisation, task bar preview window, and appearance in "Flip 3D" task switching display correctly on Windows Vista.
- Provided work-around for Delphi's Alt key bug on XP and Vista (CodeGear Quality Central bug report #374030).
- Added accelerator keys to buttons and check boxes in viewer dialogue box and various view frames.
Release v4.0.1 of 04 May 2008
- Fixed bug which meant window size and state were not being stored.
- Fixed display problem in some viewers.
- Changed button alignment in view dialogue box.
- Made locale information extraction safe across all Windows OSs.
- Fixed minor errors in help file style sheet.
- Fixed minor error version information.
Release v4.0 of 24 Mar 2008
- Major update.
- Added facility to view certain clipboard formats by providing a non-modal viewer dialogue box that can render all supported formats.
- Removed pop-up menu available to whole program window.
- Added context sensitive pop-up menu for each listed clipboard format that gives access to viewers.
- Added size of clipboard format in memory to main display for formats that use global memory.
- Main display can now be sorted by code, format name or size.
- Removed options to prevent persistence of window settings and to switch off toolbar.
- Added status bar that displays name of process that last wrote to clipboard.
- Removed website button from toolbar and replaced with web link in status bar.
- Updated list of standard Windows clipboard formats and changed to display symbolic names of standard formats instead of description.
- Changed help system to HTML Help from WinHelp and revised content. Added topics for each clipboard viewer.
- Added build script that can build the application and help file.
- Changed to new open source license for executable program and added license to help file.
- Changed to use Inno Setup to generate install program.
- Revised about box. Now has links to delphidabbler.com and license topic in help file.
Release v3.4a of 16 May 2004
- Fixed bug in install program that was failing to register help file properly.
- Updated read-me file.
Release v3.4 of 31 December 2003
- Modified to be compatible with Windows XP and take on its look and feel.
- Compiled with Delphi 7.
- Changed source code to Mozilla Public License.
Release v3.3 of 28 November 2003
- Updated toolbar with new images, removed exit button and added button to access DelphiDabbler website. Buttons are highlighted in colour when mouse passes over, but are grey otherwise.
- Pop-up menu now displays same glyphs as related commands on toolbar.
- Changed to use HKCU\Software\delphiDabbler key in registry as parent for this program's entries rather than HKCU\Software\PJSoft.
- Constrained window to always appear within workspace.
- Modified help file re changes in toolbar buttons.
Release v3.2 of 27 July 2003
- Replaced access to PJSoft website with DelphiDabbler.com and changed method used to access site.
- Tidied up some of source code.
- Updated help file.
Release v3.1a of 29 July 2000
- Fixed bug in install program.
Release v3.1 of 31 March 2000
- Added pop-up menu.
- Added access to PJSoft website from pop-up menu.
- Made it possible to toggle toolbar on and off.
- Removed some redundant code.
- Updated help file to deal with new pop-up menu.
- Changed to use console based install program created by SIBuilder.
Unreleased v3.0 of 11 December 1999
- Moved to 32 bit code.
- Gave program a new interface.
- Greatly simplified code.
- Re-wrote help file for new interface. Help file now has hyperlinks to author's website and email.
- Window now remembers position and size between executions using registry.
- User can no longer determine whether or not window size is saved.
- Added HTML and other documentation.
- Included source code in distribution.
- Created installation program using InstallShield Express.
- Moved to Delphi 4 compiler.
Release 2.0a of 6 April 1999
- Removed spurious text from main display at start up.
Unreleased v2.0 of 09 July 1998
- Total re-write.
- Gave new look and feel common to all my "spy" programs.
- Shared some code with other "spy" programs.
- Added Windows help to program.
- Made window resizeable.
- Made About Box accessible from system menu rather than button.
- Embedded version information in program file.
- Added facility to optionally remember window size and position.
- Added ability to display names of custom formats.
- Revised icon to conform to look and feel of other spies.
Unreleased v1.1 of 21 July 1997
- Added application title to project file so that it is displayed when program is minimised.
- Added program icon.
- Removed design-time caption from form and set caption at run-time to be same as application title.
Unreleased v1.0 of 09 March 1997
- Original version (16 bit).
- Compiled with Delphi 1.