Console Application Runner Classes
|Date:||11 August 2014|
Release 3.1.0 of 11 August 2014
- Added new UnicodeEnvironment Boolean property to TPJCustomConsoleApp that enables a Unicode environment block to be passed to child processes.
- Fixed bug preventing compilation of FireMonkey demo projects 4, 8 & 11 in Delphi XE4 and later by conditionally including the required FXM.StdCtrls unit for those compilers.
- Added new demo project #13 that demonstrates the use of the Environment and UnicodeEnvironment properties of TPJConsoleApp.
- Minor corrections to code comments.
Release 3.0.1 of 11 January 2014
- Fixed problems with compiler directives in PJConsoleApp.pas, demo project #12 and Echoer test application that were causing compilation to fail on Delphi XE5.
- Minor documentation tweaks and corrections.
Release 3.0.0 of 25 March 2013
- The PJPipes, PJPipeFilters and PJFileHandle units were all removed from the project. They are now part of the I/O Utilities Classes project.
- Modifications made to support compilation with Delphi XE2 and later:
- Unit names references in project source files are now qualified with the unit's namespace name when compiled with Delphi XE2 and later.
- The reference to the Graphics unit was replaced with System.UITypes in Delphi XE2 and later to remove the unit's dependency on the VCL permitting its use in FireMonkey projects.
- Updated demos:
- All VCL demo form fonts changed to Arial 9pt.
- VCL demo forms are no longer scaled.
- Provided read-me file to explain how to build demos.
- Improved project and config files so all dependant files can be found by all supported Delphi compilers. Fixes Issue #24 (http://code.google.com/p/ddab-lib/issues/detail?id=24).
- Added a new FireMonkey 2 versions of Demos #4, #8 and #11.
- Project source license changed to Mozilla Public License v2.0 while demo source code and batch files have been placed in the public domain.
- Updated documentation.
Release 2.0.0 of 03 May 2011
- Significant updates to TPJCustomConsoleApp and TPJConsoleApp classes:
- Several new properties.
- New OnStart event.
- New overloaded version of Execute method.
- Added new ReadBytes and WriteBytes methods to TPJPipe.
- New PJPipeFilters unit containing classes for safely reading text from pipes and splitting the text into lines. Includes filters for ANSI and Unicode text.
- New TPJFileHandle class for assisting in creating files with inheritable handles.
- Various new helper routines to ease working with some properties and application error codes.
- Added compiler directives that refuse to compile with compilers earlier than Delphi 7.
- Some "unsafe" compiler warnings inhibited.
- All units now have XMLDoc compatible comments.
- Major update to demo projects:
- All demos now work correctly with Unicode Delphis.
- Many revisions to demos to demonstrate new filter and file handle classes.
- Two new demos.
- "Echoer" helper program now has option output Unicode text.
- Some changes to organisation and configuration of demo projects' config and project files.
- New test ANSI text file (extract from "Moby Dick").
- User guide removed from project since documentation now in online wiki at http://www.delphidabbler.com/url/consoleapp-wiki
- Internet short-cut to documentation wiki renamed.
- Updated other documentation files.
Release 1.0.2 of 20 July 2010
- Fixed problem with programs failing to execute when compiled with Unicode versions of Delphi due to strange "feature" of Unicode version of Windows CreateProcess API function.
- Fixed similar Unicode CreateProcess problem in demo #1.
- Switched off unsafe code warnings in PJConsoleApp.pas and PJPipe.pas.
- Updated user guide to note that demos #7, #8 & #9 do not work with Unicode versions of Delphi.
- Updated other documentation.
Release 1.0.1 of 30 March 2008
- Made constants defining application errors public.
- Did some minor refactoring.
- Updated and corrected documentation.
Release 1.0.0 of 04 October 2007
- Original version.