Shell Folders Unit
|Date:||11 January 2014|
Release v2.3.2 of 11 January 2014
- Fixed problem with compiler directives in component and demo source files that was causing compilation to fail on Delphi XE5.
- Fixed further conditional compilation problem in demo source where wrong unit uses clause was being compiled in Delphi XE2 and later.
- Fixed demo program to compile without warnings with Delphi XE3 and later.
- Minor documentation tweaks and corrections.
Release v2.3.1 of 05 November 2013
- Modified components to compile and function correctly with 64 bit Delphi compilers.
- Changed type of TPJBrowseDialog.Handle property from THandle to HWND.
- Unit names in all Pascal source files are now qualified with their name-spaces on Delphi XE2 and later.
- Changes to avoid use of a deprecated Windows API function on later versions of Windows.
- Changes to demo projects:
- Font changed to Arial 9pt
- Size of form and some controls changed.
- Form file is now in text format.
- Form is no longer scaled.
- The demo now needs Delphi 7 as a minimum.
- Some refactoring.
- License changes:
- Component source license changed to Mozilla Public License v2.0
- Demo source code placed in public domain (Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Universal).
- MPL text file and documentation wiki short-cut have had names changed.
- WinHelp help file regenerated with updated copyright date.
- Updated documentation.
Release v2.3 of 29 January 2010
- Changes to TPJBrowseDialg:
- New display options for hiding "make new folder" button, displaying UA hints and including edit box to use to enter folder names.
- New events: OnValidationFailed, for when entry in edit box is not valid and OnHelp triggered when help requested to provide custom help handling.
- New HelpType and HelpKeywords properties (compiled in for Delphi 6 and later only).
- Modified dialogue initialisation to ensure OnSelectChangeXXX events triggered for default selection.
- Updated demo program to demonstrate new options and and OnValidationFailed event.
- Improved checks for valid special folder IDs to allow for use of CSIDL_FLAG_CREATE mask.
- Re-factored code that frees PIDLs
- Added new CSIDL_FLAG_ and BIF_ constants.
- Updated help file and other documentation.
Release v2.2.5 of 27 January 2010
- Fixed shell folders unit to compile with Unicode Delphis.
- Fixed bug that can freeze program if exception occurs when help system called when no help system installed in Delphi.
- Switched off some compilation warnings on Delphi 7 and later.
- Simplified compiler directives.
- Updated documentation.
- Included copy of MPL in release.
Release v2.2.4 of 03 July 2007
- Removed CSIDL_ constants that were provisionally slated for Windows Vista but were removed from MSDN documentation.
- Changed tests for valid folder ids to ignore any CSIDL_FLAG_ values that may have been included with the folder id.
- Added various additional CSIDL_FLAG_ constants.
- Changed TPJBrowseDialog.Options property to permit any combination of values. Certain options are now ignored when used in combination with others.
- Added TPJBrowseDlgOption enumeration that provides basis of TPJBrowseDlgOptions set. Previously enumeration was defined in set declaration.
- Changed to always initialise COM regardless of whether code used to display new style browser for folder. Previous code that selectively initialised COM was buggy.
- Re-factored some duplicated code.
- Fixed code that enables / disables browser dialogue box OK button to work with new style dialogue.
- Made help button caption able to be localised.
- Updated help file re changes to TPJBrowseDialog.Options property.
- Updated demo program, simplifying browse dialogue customisation and giving access to all browse dialogue options.
Release v2.2.3 of 12 April 2006
- Added new CSIDL_ special folder and folder creation constants.
Release v2.2.2 of 22 December 2005
- Updated to compile with Delphi 2005/6.
- Removed Delphi 3 specific code.
- Fixed range check bug in demo program and changed icon from Delphi default to DelphiDabbler.
Release v2.2.1 of 09 January 2005
- Fixed bug in shell folder ID property editor that was preventing user from changing the value of properties at design time.
Release v2.2 of 22 August 2004
- Added support for new dialogue style enabled via the Options property.
- Provided default specifier of 0 for HelpContext property.
- Added further special folder identifiers.
- Updated help file re new TPJBrowseFolder new dialogue style option and added additional "A" keywords to improve Delphi help integration.
- Updated text of Help about box.
- Added new .als file for integrating with Delphi 6 and 7 OpenHelp system.
- Added code to exercise new style dialogue box to demo program.
- Changed to Mozilla public license.
Release v2.1 of 29 July 2003
- Prevented compiler warnings being issued when compiling under Delphi 6 and 7.
- Added support for additional special shell folders.
- Modified demo program.
Release v2.0 of 15 June 2003
- Fixed bug that meant that display name wasn't being shown correctly in Win NT OSs.
- Added new OnSelChangeEx event to TPJBrowseDialog component that exposes selected folder's PIDL.
- Enabled TPJBrowseDialog to display and accept virtual as well as file system folders.
- TPJBrowseDialog now displays disabled help button when HelpContext is 0.
- Additional shell folder identifiers missing from Delphi 3 are now conditionally placed in interface of unit in Delphi 3.
- Added new public functions to get folder path and display name from PIDLs.
- All errors in components and routines now raise EPJShellFolder exceptions.
- Property editor and component registration moved to separate design time unit.
- Help file corrected and updated.
- Demo program added.
Release v1.0 of 01 April 2001
- Original version with help file and HTML documentation.