Version Information Spy
|Date:||02 August 2011|
|O/S:||Windows 2000 and later|
Installation and Removal
The installation program for Version Information Spy is named
VIS-Setup-x.x.x, where x.x.x is the program's version number. The
install program may be distributed in a zip file. If so extract the setup
program from the zip file.
If you have a version of Version Information Spy prior to v7 already installed you must uninstall that program before installing v7.x.
When ready, double click
VIS-Setup-x.x.x to start the
installation then follow the on-screen instructions. You will need to accept
the end user license agreement in order to complete the installation.
The setup program makes the following changes to your system:
Files are installed as follows:
The main program and help files are copied into an installation folder
\Program Files\DelphiDabbler\VIS7by default).
Documentation is copied to the main installation's
Uninstall files are copied to the main installation's
- The main program and help files are copied into an installation folder (
The registry is updated to store information about the program as follows:
A COM Server,
- The Explorer extensions (context menu handler and property sheet extension) are registered for several file types.
- The program's help files are registered with Windows.
- Both the GUI and command line application are registered with Windows.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DelphiDabbler\FileVer\7registry key is created and used to store the program's customisation information.
- The program's uninstall information is registered with Windows.
- A COM Server,
- A program group is optionally created in the Start Menu.
- A desktop icon may be created.
You must close down all Explorer windows and all running instances of Version Information Spy before attempting to uninstall.
The program can be uninstalled via Add/Remove Programs (a.k.a. Programs and Features) from the Control Panel or by choosing the Uninstall Version Information Spy shortcut from the program's start menu group.